This sounds French and fancy but its the easiest recipe in the world, whether you call it en papillote, en cartoccio or just steamed in a paper bag the prep to finish time for a couple or few servings is under 20 minutes and it uses only a few basic ingredients. We borrowed it from Julia Child.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Finely mince the shallot, chop the parsley and tomatoes. Mix and season well with salt and pepper.
3. Season the salmon well. Place about one pat of butter per 6oz piece of salmon on top of the fish.
4. Place the fish in a paper bag, surround it with the tomato mixture, covering some of the fish. Roll up the end of the bag until its tight sealed but still "puffy" (so the fish can steam)
5. Place the bag in the oven for 10-12 minutes depending on what temperature you like.
6. Remove from oven, break open the bag, squeeze lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
Note: This dish has a lot of very mild, healthy flavors and really benefits from good assertive seasoning. Don't skip the salt, pepper and especially lemon juice on the finish.