Monday, August 22, 2011

David Burke Part Deux-He Said

As promised, this is our friend Nick's take on our dinner at David Burke Prime. His take is a bit different than mine, as illustrated below......

My dinner at David Burke consisted of a large three course meal. There were 5 of us eating so we all ordered different things and swapped tastes.

For an appetizer I had the Caesar salad prepared table side and an order of the Double cut maple pepper bacon strips. I really enjoy Burke's Caesar salad because it's prepared table side. It allows you to control how much of what topping is used. I've been searching for a better Caesar salad across New England and have not found one that comes close.

The first time we ordered the bacon strips they were over cooked and slightly burnt, not very good. I didn't plan on ordering them again but I was with one of my friends who loves bacon, so I gave in and decided to give it another chance. I am very glad I did because this time they were prepared perfectly. They were not over cooked, just crispy enough.

For an entree I had the chicken parm with two sides: tempura green beans and home made french fries. The chicken parm is one of two chicken entrees offered at David Burke, the other is the oven roasted brick chicken. I much prefer the chicken parm, partially because the brick chicken is served with a bone but also because the chicken parm is served with fontina cheese, that is delicious. If I was going to change anything about the chicken parm it would be the green sauce they add around the edge of the plate. I do not really like the taste, though I'm sure some people do.

The tempura green beans are my favorite side on the menu. Tempura has been a favorite of mine since I was a kid going to fairs, so it's naturally a must have for me. It is served with a sweet and spicy dipping sauce. The hand cut french fries are also enjoyable, though they are average for a high end steak house. When ordering these make sure to ask for the spicey mustard on the side!

For the last course of our meal we were treated to another round of the double cup bacon strips, only this time they were covered in hot chocolate. This isn't on the menu, though it is available if you ask for it (be sure to ask ahead of time, they have to chill the bacon)! This was my first time ever eating chocolate covered bacon, and I was not disappointed. I won't be ordering this all the time, because it's clearly filled with calories... but it is worth it if you're feeling adventurous.

No comments:

Post a Comment